The game "Towers Of Zahlen" is currently under maintenance!
Therefore, if it is selected within the client, the client login window will close (but nothing else will happen). Please make a note of this and (if you are a teacher) please instruct your students to avoid the "Towers Of Zahlen" button
Math Matters Server
- Download Server (version 5)
- Server Installation Guide (.doc) / (.pdf)
- Administrative Guide (.doc) / (.pdf)
Math Matters Client
- Download Client (version 5)
- Client Installation Guide (.doc) / (.pdf)
Notes & Troubleshooting
- "ServerInstallGuide" and "AdminGuide" are installed into "C:\3dgames\Documentation\" directory during "mmServerV5_Setup.exe". Likewise, "ClientInstallGuide.doc" is installed into "C:\3dgames\Documentation\" directory during "mmClientV5_Setup.exe".
- Additionally, the installation guide automatically opens for the respective installer (if installing client, then "ClientInstallGuide.doc" opens during installation) to allow user to follow along.
- .pdf Versions of Documents are NOT included with installation of client or server.
- The Installation files are encrypted. There is no way to access/install them without the appropriate password. Please email me, and I'll be glad to let you have it under most circumstances (obviously, this software is for schools, so I can't hand it out to just anyone, etc.).
- When installing either server or client, setup will copy the extracted installation files to the "C:\3dgames\" directory regardless of user input. This means that if there is a problem during the installation of the client, for instance, you can simply navigate to the "C:\3dgames\mmClientV5Setup\" directory and double-click "SETUPmmClient.cmd" (this method also works with server installations). Doing this will repair the installation without the need to locate the system disks or original installation files.
- Caveat 1: Please note that this will erase all students' progress within the "Math Matters" software (i.e. Billy was at level 2 in "The Providers", but now he starts at level 1) even though student progress stored on the server will be unchanged (i.e. Billy answered question 3 on level 1 correctly on his first try). This is not detrimental, but please keep this in mind when the time comes to review your students' performance data.
- Caveat 2: Please be advised, however, that this is not the suggested action for a teacher to perform. If you are a teacher and your student's "Math Matters" software is not working, the best option is to contact the technical professional who originally installed the "Math Matters" programs into your school's computers and explain the problem to him/her. This has the potential to save you even more time since there may be other methods of reinstallation that your technical professional would prefer (reimaging the HDD, for instance).
- Dr. Lakshmi Prayaga
Math Matters Coordinator