Alabama Differential Tuition
Residents of Alabama are eligible for the Alabama Differential Tuition Plan, a reduced out-of-state tuition rate for our nearest neighbors. Prospective students should contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions and current students should contact the Office of the Registrar for more information. Alabama residents must demonstrate:
- US Citizenship
- Independent or Dependent status on recent tax filings
- Permanent Resident (green card holder) or legal alien granted indefinite stay by the US Department of Homeland Security
Determining dependent or independent status provides the basis for whether you have to submit your own documentation or your parent’s/guardian’s documentation for residency determination.Access Alabama Differential Tuition Form Here
*In order to submit form electronically complete in Adobe Reader
Alabama Differential @ UWF
To qualify for the Alabama Tuition Differential Plan, students must provide the appropriate documentation to arrive at that conclusion. The circumstances they need to demonstrate include the following:
- Established and maintained legal ties with Alabama through an active driver’s license, vehicle registration, voter registration, Declaration of Domicile, etc. for the 12 consecutive months immediately preceding the start of classes for the desired term of entry.
- Member of the United States Armed Forces, on active duty pursuant to military orders, stationed within the state of Alabama or whose state of residence, evident by the HOR or LES, is Alabama.
- Be the spouse of a qualified United States Armed Forces service member with a copy of the marriage certificate.
- Be the dependent child of a qualified United States Armed Forces service member with the most recent federal tax returns demonstrating the list of dependents.
Why Bother with the Alabama Differential Tuition Plan?
Typically, students are very interested in receiving the Alabama Differential Tuition Plan. They save almost $400 per credit hour over regular, non-resident tuition rates, a savings of more than $1,100 per 3-credit class.