Dual Enrollment at UWF
UWF is pleased to welcome talented high school students into their classrooms. Because the expectations of these students is equal to the expectations of our currently enrolled students, we typically look for Dual Enrollment students to be strong enough students to be able to accommodate the accelerated rigor.
Typical Admission Requirements for Dual Enrollment
- Have at least Junior standing at your high school.
- Possess a minimum, unweighted GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Have already taken the SAT or ACT exams for a course that would require academic placement:
- SAT minimum scores = 460 on Critical Reading and Math; 450 on Writing
- ACT minimum scores = English/Writing* 18, Reading 19, and Math 20 (*NOTE = The English/Writing subscore can only be attained when the "optional" section of the ACT. Please consider that the Writing option must be completed if the ACT is used for admission.)
- PERT minimum Scores: Reading 104, Mathematics 113, English 99
Apply for Dual Enrollment
1) Complete and submit the Dual Enrollment Application Form for the desired term of entry.
2) Complete the Dual Enrollment Approval Form with your school counselor to identify the specific courses of interest. (Remember to choose a few as courses are not always available.)
3) Submit proof of Immunizations, which consists of:
a) Proof of MMR (measles/mumps/rubella) immunizations or shot records
Please note: Proof of immunizations must be received for students to be registered for classes.